Saturday, August 24, 2013

The most random

I heard "Cats in the Cradle" play at some point today and I just felt so compelled to tell you all I hate that song. I mean I understand the sentiment, but really its too much for me. As a kid I thought of it as "the sad song" and that still holds true. I don't need that. I am known to indulge in some sad music (misery loves company... and catchy tunes). An old friend called my sad mix cd "suicide music". However, I still cant stand that song. Just a heads up.
My dad was in a group of people showing off their pictures of their babies and when one asked him if he had a picture of his baby, he showed them a picture of me. His grown adult daughter that will never stop thinking of herself as the baby. The picture was of me holding a butterfly for the first time just the other day. I was kind of terrified of touching bugs and I saw a butterfly fly inside and had to touch it and more than that I had to take a picture to show my dad.
I realized I don't know how to play Heads Up 7UP or Uno. I know I've played both, I have vivid memories of the first time I played both. I was a young child and sitting on my Aunts family room floor around the coffee table being taught to play Uno by my older brother and a cousin.  I can still see that deck of cards and feel the worry that I would mess up. Heads Up 7 Up I had to be 11 or so and playing with a church group. I had the hots (I still say hots) for some boy and although I don't remember how the game was played I remember that in some context he touched my hand and although my eyes were closed I knew it was him.
I saw this Beatles cover band play last night. I danced like a maniac with my bestie. I twisted and did every other 50/60s era dance I could think of and got really sad they didn't play more early stuff. However, I was still there for the last song. Swaying with strangers and singing "Hey Jude." I also had a man tell me I was gorgeous and ask me to save him a dance. No one has ever asked me to save them a dance. We also saw a Ritchie Valence lookalike. 
My mom made chicken and dumplings and I was kind of bummed because I love that stuff but I have a wheat allergy... she then informed me it was gluten free. When you are still going out of your way to accommodate your 27 year old daughter, well you're a great mom.
I heard a woman, at a baby shower I was crashing, talk about how great family is but how essential good friends are. And I had been thinking of that all day. My friends fill voids in my life. I have a tiny family and I ache for more family ties. They give me that. They listen to me whine, let me see them when they are down, and they loan me their families. 
I also heard one of my besties daughters call syrup "Waffle Sauce." Um best quote of the day.


xo
Trish "you may not be Ringo but thats okay" the Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment